Updated June 15, 2020
Dr. Michelle Hedgecock, DDS and her team are taking all necessary precautions to keep you safe, and then some! What are we doing? See below:
- REME Halo in- duct air purifiers installed in the HVAC units. This is effective against bacteria, viruses, molds and dust
- Each treatment room is outfitted with a Medify medical grade filtration air purifier
- Reduction of aerosols during dental procedures that require the high speed handpiece utilizing the IsoDry system or the rubber dam when possible, use of high volume evacuator at all times
- Use of high volume evacuator (HVE suction) when cavitron use is required for cleanings in order to minimize aerosol production
- Fogging of entire office at the end of each day with hypochlorous acid, treatment rooms treated throughout the day
- Pre-treatment rinse with Peroxyl mouth rinse to minimize pathogen levels in the oral cavity
- Empty waiting room policy. Patients will call when they arrive and wait in their car until we call or text them when we are able to take them directly to their treatment room to avoid any contact with other patients
- Upon arrival patients will be screened, have their temperature taken, and be given hand sanitizer and an alcohol wipe for their phone
- Manage patient flow in a way that will maintain social distancing for patients
- Staff will follow CDC guidelines for personal protective equipment
- Door handles and countertops will be disinfected throughout the day
Posted: April 25, 2020
Dear Luxe Dental Family,
We hope you are staying well! We wanted to touch base with you to let you know we are planning to officially reopen our doors on May 11. We have missed each other and our patients so much, we are so excited to be able to take great care of your smile again.
We are going to be taking many extra steps in attempt to keep you safe during your dental visits.
- Patients will not be utilizing the reception room, we will be escorting you directly to your treatment room upon arrival. Please do not bring any guests to your appointments.
- You will be asked to call us when you are in the parking lot. When we are able to bring you directly back to your treatment room without any contact with other patients we will text you. Please meet us at the front with a mask on to have your temperature taken.
- Upon temperature clearance we will supply hand sanitizer and a wipe to clean your phone. You will be escorted directly to your treatment room.
- You will be asked to rinse with Peroxyl mouth rinse for one minute prior to any procedures.
- Should you need to use the restroom during your visit you will be asked to do so wearing a mask. In addition, please put your mask on prior to walking to check-out. If you do not need to check out we will allow you to exit through the back entrance.
As always, we will maintain a very clean environment in the office. In addition to following universal precautions we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of you and our team.
- We have installed REME-Halo in-duct air purifier units in the office to keep the circulating air clean. This unit is effective against bacteria, viruses, molds, and dust.
- We will be running individual medical grade air filtration units in the operatories when completing procedures that produce aerosols.
- We will now be using high volume evacuator (HVE Suction) for all cleanings during cavitron use to minimize aerosol production
- We will be using isolation with a rubber dam or Isodry unit coupled with the high volume evacuator (HVE Suction) when using the dental handpiece to minimize aerosols.
- Staff will be screened twice daily for fever and symptoms
- We will run the practice in a way that will allow for social distancing between patients
- Staff will be following CDC guidelines for personal protective equipment, to include use of N95 masks throughout the day
- Door handles and countertops will be cleaned throughout the day, in between patients
Please feel free to email us with any questions at email@example.com we look forward to seeing you soo.
Michelle Hedgecock, DDS, PLLC
Updated 03/18/2020 at 1:17 PM
Dear Luxe Dental Family,
In light of the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and strong suggestions by public health officials, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily omit all elective procedures, from March 18th to April 6th. We do not make this decision lightly, however our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, families, staff and community.
If you have an appointment scheduled with us during this time, our office will be in touch to help reschedule your appointment.
In the case of emergency situations, Dr. Michelle will be on call. If you need emergency dental care, please call our office 512-501-2385 as you normally would as we have our lines forwarded. A dental emergency includes pain, swelling, and fractured teeth.
We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and follow the guidance from the county, state and the CDC. For now, we are following the 3 week closure recommendation and plan to return to our normal business hours April 13th. We will continue to keep you updated if anything changes.
Again, please understand that we are making this decision with the health and well-being of our patients, our families, our team and our community in mind.
We thank you for your patience during this challenging time and wish all of you continued health.
Please feel free to reach out to me personally with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Michelle Hedgecock
Posted: March 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Dear Luxe Dental Family,
Your health and well-being continue to be our top priority and we have been and will continue to follow the current CDC and ADA guidelines to ensure our office exceeds the standards set forth by these organizations. Education is power and we are grateful that we have reputable resources available to us to ensure that our team and patients remain healthy.
We will continue to operate business as usual until further notice. We want to inform you of the additional precautions we are taking to ensure the safety of our team and our patients.
** Any and all patients who are exhibiting cold or flu like symptoms; cough, runny nose, shortness of breath or fever will be rescheduled as an extra precaution. We will not reappoint them any sooner than 4 weeks. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call us PRIOR to your appointment to reschedule.
** If you have returned from travel in another country, Washington, New York, California or from a cruise, please call our office PRIOR to your appointment. Dr. Hedgecock will determine if it will be best to postpone your dental visit depending on your origin of travel.
** You will be asked about current symptoms upon checking in at reception. Your temperature will be taken when you are brought back to the treatment room. If your temperature is above 99.0 you will be asked to reschedule.
** You will also be asked to do a pre-treatment rinse with Peroxyl for 30 seconds prior to our clinical team beginning the prescribed treatment in order to reduce the number of microorganisms that a patient might release in the form of aerosols.
** Our clinical team continues to operate and follow OSHA universal precaution standards. This means we ALWAYS treat every patient as if they already have a communicable disease. We follow strict infection control guidelines and have ensured that we have a sufficient supply of all personal protective equipment to include masks, gloves and appropriate barriers.
** Our reception room, patient restroom, and check out area will be disinfected after every encounter. Because it is our standard to focus on one patient at a time, we can ensure that minimal traffic will be going through our facility on a daily basis. We ask that you do not bring any guests to your appointments so that we may adhere to the recommendation of “social distancing”.
** We will be operating Medical Grade Filtration Air Purifiers at all times in order to keep our circulating air as clean as possible.
** When you visit our office, we will eliminate all hand-to-hand contact.
Thankfully our entire team and their families have remained healthy, and we understand that should one of us develop signs and symptoms of illness we will not be allowed to report to work. Our commitment to you is that should we perceive even a slight health risk that could adversely impact our team or our patients we will contact you immediately.
Luxe Dental Austin wants to set a precedent of staying calm in the midst of the storm and the continue to provide excellent care to our patient family. Please feel free to email us with any questions at email@example.com.
Michelle Hedgecock, DDS
Ask a question or book an appointment below. For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital.